czwartek, 19 sierpnia 2010

sleepy

My hubby's mostly on night shifts these days. Now he's sleeping and I'm very keen to join him. I had a late night yesterday, holding a heated discussion with my friend who suddenly came out a few days ago. That was a huge surprise to me! Not that I have anything against gay people, I just hadn't figured it out for quite long a time. My instinct and intuition weren't right this time. Nice talk, anyway, fruitful and interesting. Life's full of unexpected twists, but that's why life's worth living, isn't it?

Today morning was a bit of a nightmare to me. I had to test the concentration of glucose in my blood. In order to do so, I had to go to the laboratory and I had the first blood sample taken. Then you dissolve 75 g of glucose in a glass of water and you drink it on an empty stomach. Then you sit there for 2 hours, not eating, drinking nor - God forbid - walking. Once 2 hours are over, the second sample is taken and you are free to go. So, one of the most disgusting things I had to do in my entire life was drinking this glucose dissolved in water. After first three sips I almost threw it up and there was the whole glass to be drunken. Terribly sweet, revolting stuff, yecch! What's more, it tasted as if caustic and my throat was terribly irritated. I managed to drink it finally, bearing in mind that if I didn't, I would have to wake up so early again, come there again, pay again and what's the worst, drink it again, anyway. Good job, we've done it. Now just waiting for the results and hoping everything's OK and I won't have to do this once again.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz